1. Merry Christmas to me! My new phone. So far, I love it. One of my favourite features? If there is music nearby, the phone picks it up and the artist/song name scrolls across my screen automatically!
2. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!! We got a BOATLOAD of snow over the past few days. It’s going to be a white Christmas, after all!
3. I’m hosting Christmas dinner this year. After my last insanely rich family dessert failure, I think this will be the dessert…what do you think?
4. Need a last minute Christmas gift for your guy? Check out these super cool cravats designed by my friend Claudius. These old-school ascots are definitely making a comeback.
5. With all of this Christmas baking and exchanging, I’m using a lot of cling wrap. Can we discuss how cling wrap doesn’t actually cling!? Or when a giant piece of plastic wrap gets tangled and you have to just throw it away. Drats!!
6. A FULL FRIDGE!! Although it can be annoying when you need that one little thing from the back, it’s also AMAZING to open the door and see endless possibilities…
7. These overnight muffins from my friend Leanne. SO good, wholesome and morning breakfast-ready!
8. Decorating with kids….did you see my DIY gingerbread house? The boys didn’t help me with the front and sides of this one…but I let them go crazy with the back. Frosting, candy, sticky hands and sugar rushes.
9. Have you ever dropped an egg on the floor? Someone, please tell me. What is the best way to clean up that goop!?
10. My last thought for 2017? I hope you all have a VERY, MERRY Christmas full of family and of course, food. Lots, and LOTS of food.
Yay for a new phone! I need a new one, but unsure what to get so I’m kinda at a stand still 🙂 My parents are hosting Christmas day dinner so really looking forward to that…dressing is my favourite…well, that with gravy, of course! We definitely have our traditions over Christmas and a lot of them involve food – food that we want to enjoy, lol….all about the food…always 😀 Dropped eggs are the worst, but a little paper towel and then a disinfectant wipe usually works. Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family. Hope Santa leaves you lots of goodies and you eat lots and lots of good food! XOXO
I know! I wasn’t sure which one I wanted either, but there was such a good deal on this phone I couldn’t pass it up! That sounds SO lovely. Our traditions are definitely about food as well, haha
Thank you for the eggs tip!! I find it’s so goopy I can never just scoop it up easily with one paper towel. Drama queen maybe? Merry Christmas to you too Dawn!! XOXO
It’s funny the things that excite us as adults! When I got my new phone a few months ago, I spent hours playing around with it!! As for Christmas, I’m not brave enough to cook a big dinner for all of our family! We will go to other people’s houses and my contribution will be a tray of cookies! But I love your plan of making Mary Ann’s Honey Pecan Bundt Cake. YUM! And thanks for the shout out for my cranberry muffins! I’m so glad you liked them! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
It’s so fun getting a new phone! And frustrating – trying to figure out all of the settings and how to do things!! I don’t blame you, Leanne! Lucky for me there will only be our parents at this dinner since everyone else is away this year. A tray of cookies is the perfect contribution!! I LOVE those muffins of yours. I think about making them all the time!! Merry Christmas to you too!!! XO
Oooo I have been seeing so many commercials for the Google Pixel 2 and you are the first person I know that actually owns one!! The automatic Shazam feature sounds so cool!! Have you ever had an iPhone? If so, do you like this one more?? Also, your kids are so cute. 🙂 Merry Christmas to you and your family Katherine!! Hope you have a great holiday!
I LOVE the Shazam feature! It’s actually telling me right now which Christmas carol is playing, haha. I have never had an iPhone but my husband has, and I’ve had an iPad so I’m familiar with the interface…honestly I’ve always owned an Android (Samsung) so that’s what I’m really familiar with! But I love, love the Google phone so far!! Thank you – they have to be cute for me to still love them after all their chaotic-ness haha (kidding)
Merry Christmas Alia!! I hope you have a great holiday too! XO
YAY A new phone, that sounds so great, such a perfect gift. Wow, the boys are so absolutely cute, they look like they are having so much fun, a white Christmas sounds amazing. All the best with hosting Christmas dinner, with all your delicious and beautiful recipes I am sure that it will be wonderful and a Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and your beautiful family Katherine. 🙂
A new phone is always exciting!! It’s the only Christmas present I really wanted 😉 Thank you Ashika!! They are pretty cute, and had SO much fun in the snow – well, mostly the older one! You are too sweet – I hope you have a wonderful Christmas weekend as well and make lots of good memories this year. Cheers! XO
Love this post!! That bundt cake looks like a yummy holiday dessert too 🙂 Have an awesome Christmas!!
I can’t wait for it!! Mmmm all the goodies for Christmas dinner! Cheers my friend!
I hope you are enjoying your new phone! Your kids are adorable! And yes, cling wrap—lots and lots of cling wraps—and parchment paper too! I’ve gone through so much of it this year. I hope you had great Christmas!!
I’m loving the new phone so far!! Thank you – they’re lucky they’re cute because they’re quite the handful, haha. YES – I’ve also gone through so much parchment paper. I guess it’s that time of year. Cheers!!
Pingback: Eggnog Latte | Love In My Oven