1. Like my tank? I got this wicked cool top in the mail this week from my friend Ashley, owner of Britton & Gray Inc. Check her out!
2. Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo. Such a fun holiday, even if you aren’t at all Mexican! For me, it’s a great excuse to eat the most delicious Mexican food and drink some tequila. Lindsay from With Salt and Pepper has posted the most amazing queso and I can’t wait to try it!
3. The cashier at Walmart told me to try putting brown sugar in my coffee instead of white; he told me it was amazing. I did it the very next morning. Not amazing, sadly.
4. Ticks. Uuugh so gross. Do you have ticks where you live?! When we were in Kelowna my brother-in-law had one on his pants after a short walk. I was immediately itchy and tingly all over for the rest of the day and was convinced I must have a million ticks somewhere on my body!
5. Last week my credit card was the victim of fraud. Someone went on a shopping spree to RW&Co, Nine West, and more. At least they kept it classy? Thank you Royal Bank for reversing these charges, but STILL – it makes me feel somewhat violated!
6. Does anyone else have an article of clothing that they just LOVE? I have a jean shirt from Levi’s that I wear alllll the time. It’s so, so thin and has ripped more than once. Last week it ripped beyond the point of repair. I feel like holding a mini funeral for it.
7. I need to point out the kindness of strangers. Sure, there are a lot of jerks out there, but there are still people who are just genuinely good. On the weekend I was out walking my kids and was literally TRAPPED inside a giant school field – I was leaving a different way than I came in, and the entrances to the field were too skinny for my giant Chariot stroller. I was near the point of tears at the prospect of pushing my 2 hangry boys all the way back up a giant hill when a woman walking nearby clearly saw my distress. She went out of her way to help me through the gate. Seriously, so appreciative.
8. My husband keeps eating the ingredients for my recipe testing. I have everything out on the counter, carefully measured and weighed, ready to go….enter Etienne. Seriously, stop it! (I know you’re reading this).
9. My right ear has been plugged since last Tuesday. Le sigh. I need a cookie.
10. Cinco de Mayo cocktails. What are you drinking tomorrow? I think I’m going to make a couple of tequila sunrises for us.
Have a great weekend, friends!! Have a margarita (or two) 🙂