I know “fall” has been happening for a while for most of you, but for us, it’s FINALLY fall. We were hit with a giant snowstorm a few weeks ago, but we’ve had beautiful, sunny weather the past week and it’s been glorious. And yes. The snow has melted! And now, a few thoughts for you:
1. When you finally get a chance to sit down and watch some quality TV, get all cozy with your blanket, prop your feet up, maybe have a hot cup of tea next to you and a snack, and you realize the remote is no where near you.
2. The Good Place. Anyone else love this show!? I just started binging it on Netflix.
3. Mini chocolate bars. I have a love-hate relationship with these. I love that I can sample many different flavours at once without too much guilt, but I hate that I JUST.CAN’T. STOP.
4. My cranberry almond popcorn balls!! Made with microwave popcorn from Quinn Snacks. Try them!
5. Dunkaroos. Did you ever have these as a kid?! My Mom wouldn’t buy them for our school lunches, and now I understand why. It’s literally just cookies with icing. For a school snack….
6. When you miss a phone call by mere seconds, you IMMEDIATELY call back and there’s no answer. Like did the person who called you just throw the phone and run away!?
7. Coconut oil. Has anyone else been hearing about how it’s actually bad for you?! This is unfortunate news for someone who uses it ALLLL the time!
8. When you’re waiting for what feels like FOREVER in the “little room” at the doctor’s office with the door shut, after you’ve made it past the “big waiting room” and you start wondering if they’ve forgotten about you, but you don’t want to venture out of the little room to inquire. Especially if you’re wearing a gown. What do you do!?
9. The Clockmaker’s Daughter. I’ve been waiting for this book forever! I can’t wait to start it!
10. When you have to start a new roll of toilet paper but you can’t get the roll started and end up clawing at it like a rabid dog.
That’s it for me. Happy Thursday!!
You are too funny, Katherine! That whole doctor thing and the toilet paper?! Bahahahaha!! Love it! I remember those Dunkaroos – yep such an indulgent snack – eeeeek! Haven’t watched that show on Netflix but will check it out. Just finished The Haunting of Hill House and loved it. Scary though. Hope you have an awesome weekend! XO
Hahah I’m glad you can relate!! I don’t know if I could watch that show – I would definitely not be able to sleep after!! Have a great weekend Dawn!! 🙂
Snowstorm ? We still wear short sleeves over here and I would gladly change with you, at least for a week or two …
I’m SO jealous. I’d be up for that trade!!
Oh my gosh, you’re hilarious Katherine! Your number 10 happened to me at work today! So frustrating!! And dunkaroos! Loved those as a kid. We didn’t get them often, but when we did, it was a treat in our lunch box! Have an awesome weekend Katherine. And happy fall!
Hah! I think it happens way too often, don’t you!? Dunkaroos were definitely a treat. Happy fall to you, Leanne!
I can relate to so many of these and yes I have seen that news about coconut oil! I’m shocked over that one! Not sure what to believe but that snow…ugh! I am shivering just thinking of that! Boo-Hiss! 🙂 Have a great Friday Katherine!
I know, I am choosing not to believe it just yet. I use coconut oil SO much!! Boo-hiss indeed!!! Thankfully we’ve had some proper warm fall weather the past few weeks! 🙂 Hope you had a great weekend Kim!
I love all of these!! SO TRUE! And I saw the snow you got on your IG stories…it made me shiver hehehe. It’s still in the 80’s here….O.M.G. Thanks for the Thursday laughs!
I am so jealous of your weather! Send me some sun please!! Glad you got some laughs, Kelly! XO
What a great list, Katherine! Definitely resonates…and, seriously, what is with getting the toilet paper roll started!? LOL!
Thank you Marissa!! Hah – I KNOW right!?
This list cracked me up! And I so know what you mean about the doctor’s office- they know they can take their sweet time because no one is going out in the hall with one of those gowns on!;) And I’m choosing to believe the best about coconut oil for now, I hope it’s not true!
Hah yes exactly!! I swear every time I go to the doctor I’m waiting forever in one of those rooms!! I’m with you on the coconut oil, innocent until proven guilty 😉
Oh, I needed a new book!! I’m off to Amazon next! Loved your musings today!!! xo
I hope you like her as much as I do! Thanks Liz!! 🙂
This is such a fun post! Love it
Ha! Thanks Patrick!
what?? Coconut oil is bad now? I had science. They confuse me with all their studies.
Oh and chocolate bars.. can’t get enough of those.
I KNOW! Too many studies. Hah – the mini ones are so addictive!
Um, every single time my mom calls me I live #6 on your list. Every. Single. Time. And coconut oil! YES–I’ve been hearing about that too. But my feeling is that nobody really knows whats healthy and what isn’t; it changes constantly! So I’ll keep eating coconut oil ’cause in a few years it’ll be healthy again :). Have a great week, Katherine!
Hah!! It’s so annoying! That totally sounds like a Mom thing to do 🙂 Yes I’m with you, Kelsie! They’ll be changing their recommendations before you know it and it’ll be good for you again! Thanks Kelsie!
Very Nice Post, I learned a lot through it. Thanks for posting.