So, are you a football watcher? I used to be more of a football fan, but since marrying a South African who really only took an interest in rugby, I haven’t been much of a sports watcher. That even includes hockey #badcanadian
While I may not be the biggest football fan, I do enjoy watching the Super Bowl! It’s so full of energy and excitement, and the half-time show is always exciting. Plus, I love the SNACKS! If I had it my way, I’d snack my way through the day, instead of eating three solid meals. I love constantly munching on a variety of foods in small doses! Unfortunately, the rest of my family expects their breakfast, lunch and dinner.
One of my favourite snacks is popcorn! It’s so versatile; you can have classic buttery popcorn, or sweet popcorn like my domino popcorn, or a salty-sweet combo like my trail mix popcorn. My newest love is this parmesan rosemary mix!
Quinn Snacks generously gave me a variety of their microwave popcorn to try, and this flavour was one of my favourites! You might remember my cranberry almond popcorn balls from earlier this year, made with their maple kettle corn (yum). Apparently I REALLY like popcorn!
This snack mix hits all the right notes. Savory parmesan, flavourful rosemary and all sorts of salty with the addition of salted peanuts, cashews and pretzels. As with many of my recipes, you can always change out those additions for others if you so choose.
While the microwave popcorn I used was already flavoured with parmesan and rosemary, I added a kickstart to the flavour with some additional (you guessed it) parmesan and rosemary! If you’re not using the flavoured popcorn from Quinn and are just using plain popcorn, feel free to double the garlic and rosemary amounts for that real punch of taste.
Start by simmering some fresh rosemary and mashed garlic cloves in olive oil to bring out the flavours. Once it cooks for a while, remove the pan from heat, and remove the rosemary sprigs and garlic. The oil will be SO delicious, and ready to pour all over your popcorn mix!
You can make this popcorn the day before the big game (or any game) to save yourself some time, but I caution, you might eat it all before you’re able to set it out on the snack table. It’s slightly addictive!!
Parmesan Rosemary Snack Mix
Yield 7-8 cups
Up your snack mix game with a touch of sophistication by adding freshly grated parmesan, along with rosemary and garlic infused olive oil to the dish! A versatile, addictive snack that's perfect for game day or any other gathering!
- 6 cups air-popped popcorn (1 bag of Quinn microwave popcorn)*
- 3 cups mini twist pretzels
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary*
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed*
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Microwave the Quinn popcorn, and add the designated seasoning bags OR air-pop 6 cups of popcorn (about 1/4 cup kernels). Empty the popcorn into a large bowl. Add the pretzels, cashews and peanuts and toss to combine.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil, fresh rosemary and mashed garlic cloves. Heat the oil until hot, then "cook" the garlic and rosemary for 3-4 minutes before removing from heat. Remove the garlic and discard (or eat). Remove the rosemary, but keep the leaves and mince them.
- Drizzle the olive oil all over the snack mix, and add the rosemary leaves. Toss to combine. Add the fresh parmesan and serve!
The popcorn is served best fresh, but leftovers are still delicious 1-2 days after! Store in an airtight container.
- I used the Quinn brand of parmesan rosemary popcorn
- I would suggest increasing this to 2 rosemary sprigs if not using the parmesan rosemary microwave popcorn flavor
- I use the side of a wide knife blade to smash the garlic.