This keto caramel latte recipe will have you ditching your expensive coffee-shop latte in no time. A sugar-free caramel latte that you can make at home in minutes, for a fraction of the price!
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. All opinions and recommendations are mine.
I feel a chill in the air. Just a slight one, thankfully, but our glorious sunshine has taken a little break for a while. I am neither surprised nor disappointed, since at least now I can have an excuse to enjoy a few more comfort foods and – yup – drinks.
I went through a little phase recently where every afternoon I would have a diet Coke. Have you tried their snazzy new flavours!? They’re so good. I particularly like the blueberry acai. I’m not usually a big fan of artificial sweeteners, but I just couldn’t resist trying these fun new flavours. I tried all of them! Etienne definitely gave me the side eye when he saw me stocking the fridge downstairs with multiple packs of soda….
Anyway, I’m all out of diet Coke and I’m taking a much-needed break. So, what is a girl to do if she has cut out something from her diet that she looks forward to EVERY day? Replace it with something else!
The perfect drink for these slightly chillier spring days – a caramel latte! A keto caramel latte, to be exact.
This keto caramel latte recipe will be your new favourite guilt-free pick-me-up in the afternoon. More artificial sweetener to keep it keto-friendly, but you can definitely swap it for just straight up caramel syrup for the same effect. Might I suggest trying my salted caramel!?
If you tried my eggnog latte during the holiday season, and I REALLY hope you did, you’ll recognize the steps and basic recipe. I use espresso powder, and my handy Bodum milk frother to froth up my coconut milk.
One important note, I found that frothing coconut milk from a can did not work so well – I’m assuming because of how thick and creamy it is. I used the refrigerated, carton coconut milk, and it worked like a charm.
What’s better than a frothy little espresso treat in the afternoon? Maybe that AND a square or two of dark chocolate.
Happy Monday, folks!
A rich and foamy, completely sugar-free caramel latte that you can make at home in no time, for a fraction of what your local coffee shop will charge!
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 4 oz boiling water
- 1 tsp sugar-free caramel syrup, plus more for topping
- 2/3 cup coconut milk*
- coconut whipped cream, cinnamon, for topping
- While waiting for your water to boil, add the espresso powder into the bottom of your latte cup. Pour the boiling water over the espresso powder and stir to combine. Add the sugar-free syrup, and give it a quick stir. Heat the coconut milk in your frother*, and pump until frothed to your liking. Pour the milk over top of the coffee. Top with coconut whipped cream, cinnamon and additional syrup for topping.
- As mentioned in my post above, it’s best to use the coconut milk found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, rather than the canned milk.
- I use a Bodum frother, but you can also just heat your milk up in a mason jar, add the lid and shake until frothy.