This creamy, cheesy, EASY spicy Instant Pot crack chicken is low-carb and full-flavour. One of my favourite keto Instant Pot dinners! Ready in 30 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. All opinions and recommendations are mine.
Where are my Game of Thrones fans at!? You guys, only 1 week away until the Season 8 premiere! What we’ve been waiting for – it’s been SOOO long. I don’t even think I was pregnant with Hattie yet when Season 7 finished. So that seems like, forever.
I think I mentioned a while back that Etienne and I have been watching it from the beginning in preparation for the new season. We’ve only made it to Season 5 so far so I don’t think we’ll finish in time unless we blow off important work deadlines. Deadlines, schmedlines?! At least we’ve seen it before. I feel like I’m spending half of every episode this time going aaaaah….! Things make SO much more sense this time around!
Since we’ll likely be doing some hardcore binge-watching before the premiere, we’ll need some fast, kid-friendly meals! Like this SPICY Instant Pot crack chicken!
What is crack chicken?!
Have you guys had crack chicken before!? I had it a long time ago, and loved it but kind of dismissed it since then for whatever reason. I made it again a few weeks ago, and it was delicious again, but Etienne and I both agreed it was missing something. SPICE! Are we the only ones that bring Tobasco to the table for every meal…?
Crack chicken on its own is pretty awesome; I mean, cream cheese, bacon, cheese and chicken. These things go very, very well together, wouldn’t you agree? So, I’ve kept things classic, but added a little kick to my own version with some sautéed jalapeno peppers and a dash of chili pepper. Oooh-eee! Slam dunk.
What do you serve spicy Instant Pot crack chicken with?
Since jalapenos are technically a vegetable (I think) you don’t NEED to add any veggies to this dish, but I feel much less guilty about eating all of that cream cheese when I serve this deliciousness over top a bed of zoodles! Plus, zoodles instead of rice keep this dish keto-friendly!
Do you guys eat a lot of zoodles? I find we eat a TON of them in the summer when our zucchini plants ae in full force, along with our favourite zucchini pizza! In the winter a lot of the zucchini in the stores is expensive and SMALL. It makes me miss my baseball bat-sized zucchini!
Anyway, we do eat zoodles on occasion in the winter. They’re such a great way to get nutrients into the kids! I usually mix them in with plain spaghetti noodles and the kids never know what hit them. One day they’ll wisen up! For now, zoodles! Here’s the spiralizer I use.
My advice to you if you’re serving this crack chicken with zoodles, is to only slightly cook the zucchini in a frying pan, with a touch of olive oil. The zoodles go best with the creamy chicken if they’re a bit crunchy!
This dish comes together in under 30 minutes. The chicken technically cooks in 15 minutes, but it takes 10-15 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure first. It makes quite a bit, so you’ll likely have leftovers. Lucky for you, this dish keeps very well in the fridge and reheats beautifully!
Some other Instant Pot wins from the blog:Print
This creamy, cheesy, EASY Instant Pot crack chicken with a spicy kick is low-carb and full-flavour. Get your dinner on in under 30 minutes with this delicious dish!
- 3 slices bacon, uncooked
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, diced and seeded*
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 blocks (16oz) full-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- pinch salt and pepper, each
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- optional: zucchini noodles, for serving
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and add the bacon. Cook the bacon for 4-5 minutes or until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate. Set aside. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Add the diced jalapenos and onion and cook for a couple of additional minutes. Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add the cubed cream cheese to the Instant Pot, followed by the chicken breasts, chicken stock, onion powder, chili powder and salt and pepper. Close the Instant Pot, ensure the valve is sealed and turn it to manual cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 10-15 minutes to come to pressure before you’ll see the time start to count down.
- When the timer goes, perform a quick release and then open the lid. Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and use two forks to shred the meat. Add the meat back into the pot, along with the cheese, and stir everything together. Keep the Instant Pot at “hold warm” until ready to serve. Serve on zoodles (see post above), in a sandwich, a wrap or in lettuce wraps!
Leftovers keep very well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days.
- If you’d like to keep the dish quite spicy, keep the seeds. Otherwise, discard them.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: Instant Pot crack chicken // keto Instant Pot dinners // easy keto instant pot dinner // crack chicken
Another keto-friendly Instant Pot recipe you may enjoy!