This creamy, cheesy, EASY Instant Pot crack chicken with a spicy kick is low-carb and full-flavour. Get your dinner on in under 30 minutes with this delicious dish!
- 3 slices bacon, uncooked
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, diced and seeded*
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 blocks (16oz) full-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- pinch salt and pepper, each
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- optional: zucchini noodles, for serving
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and add the bacon. Cook the bacon for 4-5 minutes or until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate. Set aside. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Add the diced jalapenos and onion and cook for a couple of additional minutes. Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add the cubed cream cheese to the Instant Pot, followed by the chicken breasts, chicken stock, onion powder, chili powder and salt and pepper. Close the Instant Pot, ensure the valve is sealed and turn it to manual cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 10-15 minutes to come to pressure before you’ll see the time start to count down.
- When the timer goes, perform a quick release and then open the lid. Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and use two forks to shred the meat. Add the meat back into the pot, along with the cheese, and stir everything together. Keep the Instant Pot at “hold warm” until ready to serve. Serve on zoodles (see post above), in a sandwich, a wrap or in lettuce wraps!
Leftovers keep very well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days.
- If you’d like to keep the dish quite spicy, keep the seeds. Otherwise, discard them.
- Category: dinner
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: Instant Pot crack chicken // keto Instant Pot dinners // easy keto instant pot dinner // crack chicken