Hi guys. Like my new surface? I am loving the blue. I felt like I needed more colour in my life! Now I’m going to have to hold back from using it for ALL of my photos.
Did you have a good weekend? We had a bit of snow and cold weather last week but thankfully it warmed up again! We’ve been pretty lucky this winter and I’m LOVING it. My only real form of exercise is outdoor walks, so with the warmer weather I can at least get my body moving a bit.
This past Saturday Etienne and I went to a dinner party at a friends’ house. Good food, good times! Nights like that make winter a little more bearable….but I AM already so excited for spring.
Until then, Super Bowl and Oscars, am I right?
These wings are SOOO easy, you guys. SO easy. I can’t overstate that enough. I’ve seen a lot of recipes floating around for baked chicken wings that require you to shake them in either baking powder or cornstarch, but honestly, you don’t need any of that. You just need really high heat and a bit of olive oil! Keeping the starches and powders out of the equation keeps these babies keto, paleo, and gluten-free! If you’re into that sort of thing.
So, what makes these so easy? Pop the wings out of the package, rub some olive oil on them, put them into a baking dish and sprinkle them with the secret ingredient, and bake them! That’s it. Seriously! We make these SO often, since they’re always a hit with the whole family.
Oh wait, did I forget something? Ah yes, the secret ingredient. Montreal steak spice! Please tell me you’ve used this on meat other than steak? I put it on so many things it’s not even funny – but it’s REALLY good on these chicken wings!
It’s also a great base for any other sauce you might want to put on your wings. We sometimes bake up a batch, then cover the wings with either Nandos hot sauce or some teriyaki. You choose your poison!
These crispy little guys are perfect as a game day appetizer, or as the whole dinner. Once you’ve tried my method, you won’t go back!
Baking powder or cornstarch is not required to make the CRISPIEST, easiest oven baked chicken wings you’ll ever try! This simple recipe will have you making these again and again!
- 2 lbs chicken wings*
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Montreal steak spice*
- Optional: flavoured sauce (try teriyaki or Nandos hot sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 465 F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish. For less grease and easier clean-up, you can also place a wire rack over a cookie sheet that has been covered in foil and place the wings on top of the wire rack (spray the wire rack first).
- Use a couple of paper towels to pat the chicken wings dry. Drizzle the olive oil over the wings and rub it all over, then place the wings in the baking dish. Sprinkle the steak spice (or other seasonings) over the wings. Bake the wings for 40-45 minutes, turning halfway through. When you turn the wings, you might notice a lot of liquid pooling, so be sure to drain some of this off before putting them back in the oven. The wings are done when they’re crispy and browned!
- Optional: When the wings are done cooking, cover them in a flavoured sauce of choice and put them back in the oven for a few minutes to heat the sauce up.
Leftover wings keep in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days
- Buy “drumettes”, or split-wing chicken wings, not actual “wings”
- Montreal steak spice might be a Canadian thing, but you will get equally delicious results with a blend of salt and pepper with a pinch of garlic, cayenne pepper and coriander.