These EXTRA crispy chicken wings are made without flour, baking powder or cornstarch! Crispy baked chicken wings can be yours with just a bit of olive oil, some seasoning and an oven!
- 2 lbs chicken wings*
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Montreal steak spice*
- Optional: flavoured sauce (try teriyaki or Nandos hot sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 465 F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish. For less grease and easier clean-up, you can also place a wire rack over a cookie sheet that has been covered in foil and place the wings on top of the wire rack (spray the wire rack first).
- Use a couple of paper towels to pat the chicken wings dry. Drizzle the olive oil over the wings and rub it all over, then place the wings in the baking dish. Sprinkle the steak spice (or other seasonings) over the wings. Bake the wings for 40-45 minutes, turning halfway through. When you turn the wings, you might notice a lot of liquid pooling, so be sure to drain some of this off before putting them back in the oven. The wings are done when they’re crispy and browned!
- Optional: When the wings are done cooking, cover them in a flavoured sauce of choice and put them back in the oven for a few minutes to heat the sauce up.
Leftover wings keep in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days
- Buy “drumettes”, or split-wing chicken wings, not actual “wings”
- Montreal steak spice might be a Canadian thing, but you will get equally delicious results with a blend of salt and pepper with a pinch of garlic, cayenne pepper and coriander.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: crispy baked chicken wings // crispy fried chicken wings // salt and pepper chicken wings recipe // easy chicken wings