I have to apologize for these photos. I had no idea how to photograph something like this! Putting the apricots all jumbled together didn’t work, because you couldn’t really tell what they were. Laying them out flat just didn’t look very appealing. Gah! These apricots are yummy – you’ll just have to take my word for it, ok?!
I usually have a stash of chocolate covered almonds in the fridge for when I need a “healthier” chocolate treat, but I like to switch things up sometimes, so I started thinking of what else I could cover in chocolate. This is what I spend my time thinking about, people. It’s true. I have really been craving those Glosette rasisins, and was SOOO hoping the boys would get some fun-sized boxes of them during Halloween, but no such luck. As dedicated as I am to creating delicious things, I didn’t feel like dipping individual raisins in chocolate, so apricots became the star of the show instead.
It only made sense to go one step further and jazz up the apricots with a combo of hemp and chia seeds. You could definitely just do all hemp or all chia if you have a preference, but the combo is good! Plus they look nice 🙂
You may notice that the apricots I used aren’t of the bright orange variety – I do love those ones, but I’ve been buying the natural, un-sulphured apricots lately. I definitely think these would look soooo much prettier had I used those lovely bright orange apricots! Ah well.
So, Halloween is over and it’s now November. I know as a society we are always remarking on how fast the time goes, but seriously. The time is going so fast!!! Hattie is 6 months and we’re only a couple months away from Christmas. It’s nuts! I’m trying to stop and enjoy the stages and phases, even amidst the chaos. Some days are easier to allow for that than others.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Chocolate Chia Apricots
Yield 30 dipped apricots
Add a little crunchy love to a favourite dried fruit by dipping them in chocolate and then a mixture of chia and hemp seeds!
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 30 dried apricots*
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chopped chocolate in the microwave by heating it in 30 second increments, stirring between each interval.
- In a small dish, combine the hemp and chia seeds.
- Grab the apricots, one at a time, and dip them into the melted chocolate to coat 2/3 of the apricot and then dip it into the hemp/chia seeds. Place the apricot on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat these steps until all of the apricots are coated. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least an hour, or until the chocolate has hardened. Remove, and enjoy!
Apricots can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
- The apricots you see pictured are organic, unsulphured apricots. This recipe would be just as delicious (if not more) with the bright orange variety of apricot you're used to seeing in the stores!