Add a little crunchy love to a favourite dried fruit by dipping them in chocolate and then a mixture of chia and hemp seeds!
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 30 dried apricots*
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chopped chocolate in the microwave by heating it in 30 second increments, stirring between each interval.
- In a small dish, combine the hemp and chia seeds.
- Grab the apricots, one at a time, and dip them into the melted chocolate to coat 2/3 of the apricot and then dip it into the hemp/chia seeds. Place the apricot on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat these steps until all of the apricots are coated. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least an hour, or until the chocolate has hardened. Remove, and enjoy!
Apricots can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
- The apricots you see pictured are organic, unsulphured apricots. This recipe would be just as delicious (if not more) with the bright orange variety of apricot you’re used to seeing in the stores!