Brighten up those gloomy days with this winter citrus salad! A mixed citrus lettuce salad with the most delicious citrus salad dressing! Use whatever citrus fruits you want!
- 6–8 cups mixed greens (arugula, baby spinach, romaine)
- 1 blood orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 mandarin orange, peeled and sliced
- 2 cara cara oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup healthy candied walnuts (or other candied nut)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (sub honey)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large salad bowl, add the mixed greens, followed by the oranges and grapefruit slices. Toss in the candied nuts and goat cheese. Set aside (or store for later)*
- Using a whisk, mix together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
See notes below about make ahead recommendations. Prepared (with dressing) salad will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days, before the lettuce begins to wilt.
* If you don’t plan to serve the salad right away, I would recommend not adding the dressing until just before, or no more than 24 hours before. Store the prepared salad, covered, in the refrigerator to keep everything crisp.
**Feel free to customize this to your liking, with different fruits and/or types of oranges! Think about adding avocado, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, cucumber, etc.
- Category: salads
- Method: refrigerated
Keywords: winter citrus salad // citrus salad dressing // arugula citrus salad