Learn how to use rice paper to make fun toddler snacks! These turkey pepperoni salad rolls make a simple kids’ party food or lunchtime treat.
- 1 package Grimm’s turkey pepperoni
- 3 leafs romaine lettuce, washed and chopped finely
- 2” thick piece of cheddar cheese, sliced into 1/4” sticks
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced into 1/4” sticks
- 3 large pickles, sliced 1/4″ lengthwise
- 1/2 large bell pepper, sliced into 1/4” slices, lengthwise
- 7–8 round rice paper sheets
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- optional: sprinkle cayenne
- Take half of the pepperoni from the package, and slice each one in half, lengthwise, then in half again (4 long pieces in total).
- Fill a large, shallow bowl with warm water. Set up your work station: the rice paper, the warm water, then the veggies/pepperoni, all in a row. Start by taking one piece of rice paper and holding it in the warm water for 5 seconds. Remove it, shake off excess water and place it down on a flat surface, like a cutting board. Allow it to sit for about 15 seconds, then begin adding fillings to the bottom third of the rice paper. I went: sprinkle of romaine, followed by cheese, cucumber, pickles, bell pepper and then sausage.
- Grabbing the bottom of the rice paper, fold it tightly over the filling, tucking it in. Begin rolling, tucking in the sides as you go. Finish rolling it up and place it in a serving dish before repeating with the remaining rice paper/filling.
- Prepare the honey mustard dip. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, mayo, vinegar and Dijon. If using, sprinkle the cayenne on top. Use immediately with the salad rolls or store in the fridge covered, for 3-4 days.
Salad rolls are best enjoyed immediately, but will also be fine at room temperature for 4-5 hours. If you’re making them ahead of time, wrap each roll individually in plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator, in an airtight container. They’ll keep for 1-2 days.
- Category: appetizers
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: how to use rice paper // fun toddler snacks // turkey pepperoni salad rolls //simple kids' party food