Sweet, sticky, and full of crunch. This 20-minute trail mix popcorn combines peanut butter and honey and your favorite trail mix ingredients to create the perfect snack for your next adventure!
- 12–13 cups popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup each of: chocolate chips, dried cranberries, almonds and cashews
- Place popped corn in a large bowl, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat, combine the honey and sugar. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- While still over medium heat, add and stir in the peanut butter until creamy, and then stir in the vanilla.
- Quickly pour the mixture over the popcorn, using a large wooden spoon and/or your hands to distribute the sauce evenly. Add the mix-ins, except for the chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture over the baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt. After 10 minutes, add the chocolate chips.
Popcorn will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week, at room temperature