There’s no need to turn on the oven for this simple stovetop granola! This is a quick granola recipe that you can make all in one pan. It’s sweet and crunchy and delicious!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 tsp salt
- optional adds: 1/4 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- In a large pan over low-medium heat, melt the coconut oil with the honey. Once melted, add the rolled oats, ground cinnamon, coconut flakes, chopped pecans, pumpkin seeds and salt.
- Stir everything together with a wooden spoon, and spread the mixture out as flat as you can. Let it all cook over low heat for about 4 minutes before stirring again and then laying it flat again. Doing this repetitively will help the oats cook faster and ensure they stay crunchy! Be sure not to let the mixture sit without stirring for more than 3-4 minutes at a time or it will definitely begin to burn!
- Cook the granola on the stove for about 10 minutes, or until the oats and coconut are lightly browned and fragrant. Remove the granola from heat and allow it to cool in the pan for 10-20 minutes before stirring and serving.**
- Once the granola has completely cooled, you can add in the chocolate chips, raisins or dried cranberries, or any other add-ins you’d like!
Store the granola in an airtight container (once completely cooled) at room temperature for 1-2 weeks for optimum freshness.
*Replace the honey with maple syrup to keep this recipe vegan.
**Allowing the granola to completely cool in the pan before breaking it up will help you get those nice crunchy clusters!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: granola
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: stovetop granola // quick granola recipe