These fun sprinkle sugar cookies will soon be a family favorite! Sweet, chewy and colorful easy sprinkle cookies that can be made with zero chill time!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and set aside two large ungreased baking sheets. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch and salt.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on high for 1 minute, or until combined and creamy. Add the egg and mix for an additional 30 seconds to a minute. Add the vanilla extract and mix again briefly. With the mixer running on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix just until the cookie dough comes together. Add the sprinkles and gently mix on low just until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, place the cookie dough balls 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet and place the sheet in the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies are done when the underside is slightly brown and the centers look slightly underbaked. The cookies will continue to bake on the sheet as they cool down. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Cookies can be kept at room temperature, in an airtight container, for 1-2 weeks. You can also freeze the cookies for up to 2 months, as well as freeze the cookie dough balls for up to 2 months. To bake from frozen, increase the bake time by 3-4 minutes.
*If you like your cookies more rounded and soft, chill the dough after step 2 for up to 2 hours before scooping and baking.
- Category: cookies
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: sprinkle sugar cookies // easy sprinkle cookies // funfetti sugar cookies