This rich and creamy skillet pasta is a hearty one pan pasta dish of linguine with vegetables and meat sauce smothered in cheese, all ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 jar pasta sauce (650 mL)
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, diced
- 7 oz linguine noodles (I used whole wheat)
- 2 cups spinach, loosely packed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- In a deep, oven-safe skillet, brown the beef over medium heat until there is no pink left. Drain, return to skillet and add the Italian seasoning, stirring.
- Add the diced vegetables (except for spinach), the linguine (broken in half), the jar of pasta sauce and the beef broth. Stir to combine, and while ensuring the noodles are fully submerged, bring the sauce to a boil. Simmer steadily for about 10 minutes, or until the noodles and vegetables are soft.
- Turn the oven broil on high. Add the spinach to the skillet, and stir just until the leaves are wilted. Scatter the top of the dish with both cheeses, and place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheeses are melted and slightly browned. Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Once cooled, leftovers will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days in an airtight container.
- Category: dinner
- Method: skillet
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: skillet pasta // pasta in a pan // ground beef pasta skillet recipes