Want to know how to make margaritas at home? This is the BEST simple margarita recipe! It’s an easy, 3 ingredient margarita with basic ingredients.
- 2 oz good quality tequila*
- 1 oz Cointreau (sub Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
- 1 oz fresh lime juice (~lime)**
- salt, for the rim of the glass
- optional: 1/2 oz agave syrup or simple syrup, to sweeten up
- Use a wedge of lime to moisten the rim of a short cocktail glass and place the glass onto a small plate filled with sea salt, lining the edge with salt.
- In a cocktail shaker with 3 cubes of ice, add the tequila, Cointreau, and fresh lime juice. If using syrup, add it to the shaker! Now shake it baby! For about 10-15 seconds or until the shaker feels very cold. Strain out the cocktail from the shaker into the salt-rimmed glass. Top with large cubes of ice, and a wedge or lime. Serve immediately!
*Use a good quality tequila! Since we’re not adding any other sweeteners, you’ll want a smooth, great quality brand of tequila. We like Casamigos.
**In a pinch, you can use the bottled lime juice, but trust me when I saw fresh lime juice is 10x better!
- Category: cocktails
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: BEST simple margarita // 3 ingredient margarita // best margarita recipe ever // classic margarita