This sheet pan chicken and vegetables recipe will make your life a little bit easier this fall. Sheet pan chicken thighs are crispy and flavourful, pairing perfectly with soft sweet potatoes and roasted beets!
- 6 (2 lbs) skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 small beets, diced into 1/2” chunks
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into 1” chunks
- Place a half-sheet (18×13) pan into the oven and begin preheating the oven to 400 F.
- Prepare the chicken by rubbing 1 tbsp. of the olive oil into the skin. Once the oven has preheated, remove the sheet pan and place the chicken thighs, skin side down onto the baking sheet. Roast the chicken for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting, combine together the paprika, garlic salt and sea salt. Toss the diced beets and sweet potatoes together with the remaining olive oil.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and using a spatula, flip them over so the skin is up. Scatter the sweets and beets throughout the pan evenly. Rub half of the combined seasonings into the skin of each chicken thigh. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning over the sweets and beets. Place the pan back into the oven for 15 minutes more. Remove the pan again and give the veggies a little stir around with a spatula. If there are a lot of juices in the pan, drain some of it off before placing the pan back into the oven for 10-15 more minutes, or until both the sweets and beets are fork-tender and the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately!
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Keywords: fall chicken recipes // healthy sheet pan dinners // sheet pan chicken and vegetables