This 3 ingredient mousse is not too good to be true! This peppermint white chocolate mousse is the easiest recipe and always gets rave reviews!
- 2 cups heavy cream (30-35%)
- 10 oz pure white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- optional: crushed candy canes, for decorating
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat on the stove, warm 1 cup of the heavy cream until beginning to steam, but before it begins to boil.
- Place the white chocolate in a large heat-proof bowl. Once the cream has heated up, pour the cream over the white chocolate and allow it to sit for a couple of minutes before stirring into a smooth ganache. Add the remaining cup of cream as well as the peppermint extract and whisk to combine. Place the mixture in the fridge, covered, for at least 4 hours, or up to 3 days.
- When ready to make the mousse, pour the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or into a bowl for use with a handheld electric mixer. Mix on high until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Portion the mousse into individual serving glasses (I used 6). Layer and top with crushed candy canes, if desired. Place the mousse back into the fridge for 1-2 hours prior to serving. Top with additional whipped cream or candy cane just before serving (optional).
Leftover mousse can be stored in the fridge, covered for 2-3 days.
- Category: desserts
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: 3 ingredient mousse // peppermint white chocolate mousse // mint chocolate mousse // white chocolate mousse recipe