This refreshing peppermint vodka cocktail is made with only 2 ingredients, including a homemade candy cane vodka! It’s perfect for the holidays!
Candy Cane Vodka
- 2 cups plain vodka
- 5 whole peppermint candy canes*
- optional: one drop red food coloring
Peppermint Vodka Cocktail
- 4 oz peppermint vodka**
- 2 oz crème de cacao***
- ice, for serving
- optional: finely crushed candy canes to rim the glass
- Make the candy cane vodka. In a large mason jar or airtight container, combine the vodka with the candy canes. The canes should be fully submerged. Let the candy canes sit in the vodka until dissolved, 3-4 hours. Keep the vodka sealed, in a dark place for 1-3 days before using in a cocktail. If you wish, you may pour the vodka through a fine mesh sieve to get rid of any remaining candy cane particles. Add 1 drop of red food coloring, if desired, for a prettier pink hue.
- Make the peppermint vodka. If rimming the glasses with crushed candy cane, moisten the edge of the cocktail glasses before dipping them in the finely crushed candy cane.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the peppermint vodka and crème de cacao with 2 cubes of ice. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds, then strain the mixture into 2 different cocktail glasses filled with 2-3 cubes of ice. Serve immediately.
*Be sure to use the red and white striped candy canes, not the ones with green or you’ll end up with an undesirable color!
**If you did not happen to make any candy cane vodka, you can also use a peppermint vodka found at the liquor store.
***The crème de cacao needs to be the clear kind.
- Category: cocktails
- Method: stir
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: peppermint vodka cocktail // homemade candy cane vodka // peppermint martini // peppermint alcoholic drinks