Peter Piper would definitely pick a peck of these pepper poppers! Wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cheese, they’re the perfect low-carb appetizer or snack.
- 12 mini bell peppers, assorted sizes is fine
- 6 oz brick cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese*
- 2 cloves roasted garlic*, minced
- 12 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Optional: 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone bake mat.
- Cut the peppers open lengthwise and remove and discard the seeds and membranes.
- Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese together with the shredded cheese and roasted garlic. If you’re using cayenne for some heat, add it to the mixture. Stuff the cream cheese mixture into each pepper half, using a teaspoon to make your life easier. Wrap a half-slice of bacon around each pepper half, securing with a toothpick, and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the poppers until the bacon is crispy, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Any leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheated either in the microwave or in the oven at 300 F for about 10 minutes.
Plan ahead: Prepare the peppers through step 3 and keep covered in the fridge a day or two before cooking. Let the peppers warm up a bit before placing in the oven, about 10 minutes.
- I used jalapeno Monterey jack cheese, but sharp cheddar cheese might be better for kids.
- Roasted garlic is not necessary, but I think it adds so much to the flavor it’s worth the extra step.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: sweet bell pepper poppers, pepper poppers, low-carb appetizer