An easy overnight breakfast bake filled with cream cheese, Nutella and chunks of juicy pear. It’s sure to delight friends and family!
- 1/2 loaf (225g) French bread, or sourdough
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature*
- 1/4 cup Nutella or Notella
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (1%, 2% or non-dairy)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe pears, cubed*
- Begin the breakfast bake at least 4 hours before, or the night before you’d like it to be ready. Grease an 8×8 baking pan or spray it with non-stick spray. Cut the loaf of bread into 1″ cubes, then spread half of the cubes into the prepared pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the Nutella and mix on low until combined. Using a spoon, drop random tablespoons of the mixture on top of the bread in the pan.
- Slice the pears into 1″ cubes and scatter throughout the pan. Spread the remaining bread cubes on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until there are no large lumps. Pour the egg mixture all over the bread in the pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator to chill (at least 4 hours or overnight).
- When you’re ready to bake, remove the pan from the refrigerator, and preheat the oven to 350 F. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 30-35 minutes. Drizzle with extra Nutella if desired, and serve immediately.
Leftovers keep well in an airtight container, covered for up to 3 days.
- Use brick-style cream cheese, instead of the spreadable kind
- You may peel the pear if you prefer – I left the peel on.
- Easily double this French toast bake: double the amount of all ingredients, and use a 9×13 pan.