Wondering how to make nutella? Try my NOTella! This easy homemade nutella is only 3 ingredients and can be yours for spreading (or dipping) in 30 minutes!
- 4 cups raw, unsalted hazelnuts
- 125 grams semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 1-2 tbsp maple syrup*
- optional: 1-2 tbsp coconut oil, melted**
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Scatter the hazelnuts on a large baking sheet, and roast for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and transfer the nuts to a large tea towel. Roll the nuts around inside the towel for about a minute to loosen the skins, then use your fingers to remove the remaining skins.
- Place the hazelnuts in a food processor or powerful blender, and continuously blend on low until a butter is formed, about 12 minutes.
- While the hazelnuts are blending, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla to the hazelnut butter and blend for another minute, or until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the notella to an airtight container and store at room temperature, for up to 3-4 weeks.
*You may add up to 2 tbsp of syrup if you’d like the notella to be sweeter, but the more sweetener you add the stiffer the notella will become.
**If the nuts are not blending into a smooth butter, you can add 1-2 tbsp of melted coconut oil at a time to smooth things out
Keywords: // notella // easy homemade Nutella // homemade Nutella healthy