These easy mini M&M granola bars will be your new favorite lunchbox snacks. It’s an easy granola bar recipe that’s nut-free so it’s also safe for school!
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini (or regular) M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a bit of overhang. Spread the oats and coconut out onto a large baking tray. When the oven is heated, place the baking tray in the oven for 4 minutes, then rotate the pan and toast for another 2 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats and coconut, rice krispies and cinnamon. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter, brown sugar and honey together. Once the mixture starts simmering, remove it from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Pour the honey mixture over the bowl of oats and use a wooden spoon to stir it all together. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before adding in the M&M’s (or they’ll melt). Stir them in gently.
- Empty the granola mixture into the baking dish and press down evenly. Use your hands to press down firmly, putting some weight into it. Press in a few reserved M&Ms on top for visual effect. Place the baking dish into the refrigerator for 3-4 hours before removing. Hold the ends of the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan and onto a large cutting board. Use a large knife to cut the bars into 12 (or whatever size you prefer). Wrap each individually in plastic wrap, or place the bars into a container. Store the bars in the refrigerator (or freezer).
Bars can be kept in the fridge for 1-2 weeks, or in the freezer (wrapped tightly) for up to 2 months.
Keywords: m&m granola bar recipe // easy granola bar recipe // lunchbox snacks