What to do with those holiday leftovers? Make this easy leftover turkey stuffing casserole! Combine two terrific ingredients in this easy weeknight casserole.
- 3 cups leftover stuffing OR (1) 120g package of boxed stuffing
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups diced, cooked turkey
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup Panko crumbs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a 9 x 13” pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Prepare the stuffing as per the directions on the box, or measure out 3 cups of leftover stuffing and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the diced onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the onion turns translucent. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute, before adding in the flour, salt and pepper and stirring to combine, about 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in the stock, stirring constantly. Add the heavy cream, and bring the sauce to a simmer. While continuing to stir, simmer the sauce until it has thickened.
- Remove the mixture from heat, then add in the mixed vegetables, followed by the diced turkey. Stir to combine, then pour everything into the greased casserole dish
- Prepare the topping. Scatter the shredded cheese over the top of the dish. In a small dish, stir together the Panko crumbs with the melted butter. Scatter the crumbs all over the top of the shredded cheese.
- Bake the casserole for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and the casserole is bubbling. Remove from the oven and let the casserole cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Leftovers, once completely cooled, can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge, for 2-3 days.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: casseroles
- Method: oven bake
Keywords: leftover turkey stuffing casserole