Whether you’re on the keto diet or not, you will LOVE this rich, creamy, lemony coconut cheesecake made with a grain-free almond flour crust and garnished with toasted coconut!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut*
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 blocks (24oz) cream cheese, full-fat
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener*
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream, full-fat
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional, for topping)*
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a 9″ springform pan with non-stick cooking spray or line the pan with parchment paper. Combine together the almond flour, coconut and melted butter. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a handheld blender, cream together the cream cheese and butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the sweetener and mix for an additional minute. With the mixer running on low, add the eggs, one at a time, until combined. Scrape down the sides as necessary with a spatula. Add the sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest and juice and mix just until combined. Pour the filling into the prepared pan and smooth out the top with your spatula.
- Place a wire rack on top of a shallow pan filled with about 2 inches of water. Place the cheesecake on top of the rack. The water should not touch the bottom of the cheesecake pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the center is soft but no longer jiggles. Turn the oven off, and open the door a couple of inches. Allow the cheesecake to cool down in the oven (1-2 hours) before removing and placing in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Garnish with toasted coconut and serve.
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days, in an airtight container. Cheesecake can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
- For the purposes of this recipe, assume that the coconut I am referring to is the “medium” shredded, unsweetened coconut.
- I use Swerve brand sweetener (erythritol). You can substitute this for any other granulated sweetener, or granulated sugar.
- To toast your coconut, spread it out on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake in an oven preheated to 375 F for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.