Make this keto-friendly cheesy, spicy and oh-SO easy keto chorizo frittata on a Sunday, and have your breakfast figured out for the whole week!
- 1 pack (250g) chorizo*
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 whole mushrooms, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream*
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Avocado, sour cream for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and place a heat-safe skillet on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Fry the chorizo, stirring often, until crispy and brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chorizo to a plate lined with paper towel. Remove all but 2 tbsp of grease leftover from the chorizo. Add the onion and garlic and sauté in the grease for a couple of minutes before adding the pepper and mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the veggies just begin to soften. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture in with the veggies in the skillet, and add the chorizo back in. Stir everything together and sprinkle in the cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the frittata no longer jiggles in the middle. Mine took 15 minutes. Remove and serve! Top with avocado and sour cream.
Leftovers keep very well in the fridge, up to 3-4 days in an airtight container. You can also freeze individual portions for up to 2 months for an easy breakfast the next day! Thaw overnight in the fridge, or microwave from frozen.
- Use any type of chorizo you like, mild or spicy. Just be sure to check the ingredient label if you’re trying to keep to a strict keto diet
- Whole milk can also be used.