The best cauliflower soup recipe ever!! This Instant Pot loaded cauliflower soup is super easy to make, and just so happens to be a low carb cauliflower soup recipe!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped (~8 cups)
- 3 cups chicken/vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk*
- 1/2 cup sour cream*
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- diced green onions, for garnishing
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and add the diced bacon. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until brown and crispy. Remove the bacon using a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper-towel lined plate. Reserve 2 tbsp. of the bacon grease* in the Instant Pot and discard the rest. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Pour in the broth, followed by the chopped cauliflower. Close the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is closed. Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook (on high) for 5 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure. When the time is up, allow the Instant Pot to release pressure naturally for about 5 minutes, then open the vent and release the remaining pressure. Open the lid.
- Add the cream/milk and either use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it reaches a creamy consistency, or transfer the soup to a blender (you might have to do this in batches) and blend until smooth. If using a blender, transfer the soup back into the Instant Pot and turn it to sauté. Add the sour cream and 1/2 cup of the cheese, and stir to incorporate, cooking for about 3 minutes. Season the soup with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the soup immediately, topping it with the remaining shredded cheese, the cooked bacon, sour cream and green onions!
- Follow the directions as above, beginning with sautéing the bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the broth and cauliflower to the pot, and bring the liquid to a boil. Turn the heat down and put the lid on, simmering for about 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork-tender. Follow the remaining directions as above.
- I don’t recommend using anything lighter than whole milk, or the soup will not be creamy!
- I used full-fat sour cream but feel free to use “light”.
- If you decide to omit the bacon, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in the Instant Pot for 1 minute before sautéing the onions and garlic.
- Category: soup
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: The best cauliflower soup recipe ever!! This Instant Pot loaded cauliflower souplow carb cauliflower soup recipe // creamy cheesy cauliflower soup // cauliflower soup