Once you try these homemade bounty bars you’ll never buy them again! The filling is refined sugar-free and full of flavor. They’re delicious!
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid
- 1/4 cup canned coconut cream
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate*
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- Add the shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream and honey to a food processor and mix together until combined. The mixture should stick together when you roll it into a ball.
- Line a standard-sized loaf pan with parchment paper so that there is an overhang on either side. Press the coconut mixture down flat into the loaf pan and place it into the freezer for 20 minutes to set and harden.
- Lift the slab out of the pan using the edges of the parchment paper and cut the coconut into 8 bars. Place the bars on to a parchment-lined baking tray and return them to the freezer until they are very firm and set, 1-2 hours.
- Place the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl along with the coconut oil. Microwave the mixture in 30 second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30 seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- Removing one bar from the freezer at a time, use a fork or chocolate dipping tool to dip each bar into the chocolate, and flip it over quickly so that its completely covered on all sides. Quickly return the bar to a parchment-lined baking tray. Repeat for the remaining 7 bars. Return the baking tray to the freezer or fridge to harden and set, about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
It’s best to keep the bars in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, and serve them cold, as they will soften up at room temperature after about an hour. You can also keep them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
*You can use a good quality chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
**See the blog post for keto and vegan variations of these bars!
- Category: candy
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: canadian
Keywords: healthy coconut bars // homemade bounty bars