Delight your guests during the holidays with a wreath shaped appetizer! This holiday charcuterie wreath is made with turkey deli meat and pepperoni and the most delicious turkey cheese balls!
Turkey Breast Cheese Balls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless turkey breasts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 6 turkey pepperoni sticks, diced
- 5–6 slices turkey deli meat, rolled uo
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup assorted olives
- 1/4 cup pickled artichokes
- 6–8 bocconcini slices
- 1/4 cup pickled onions
- 6–7 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3–4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups assorted crackers
- Prepare the turkey cheese balls. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add turkey breasts. Cover saucepan and cook turkey for 5 minutes before flipping turkey breasts to the other side, placing lid back on and cooking for an additional 6-7 minutes or until turkey is cooked through. Use a digital thermometer to ensure the turkey has reached a temperature of 165 F before removing the pan from heat. Place cooked turkey breasts on a cutting board and use two forks to shred meat into pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine shredded turkey, salt and pepper, mozzarella, mayo, chili garlic sauce and 1 egg. Stir everything to combine. Using your hands, take about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll it into a ball, like a meatball. Set the ball on to one of the prepared baking sheets and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Set down 3 shallow bowls. Fill 1 bowl with flour, another with remaining eggs, whisked lightly, and the last with Panko crumbs. Dip turkey balls by first rolling the ball in flour, then in whisked egg, then Panko crumbs. Place balls on the other prepared baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove tray from the oven and allow the cooked turkey balls to cool down before preparing the antipasto wreath.
- To prepare the wreath, arrange turkey cheese balls in a large circle on a cutting board or plate. Add diced turkey pepperoni, rolled up turkey meat, grape tomatoes, olives, artichokes, bocconcini slices, and pickled onions. Place fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs among the food to create a “wreath”. Serve with crackers and additional cheese, if desired.
Antipasto wreath will keep at room temperature for 3-4 hours, after which it should be disassembled and placed in the fridge, in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: appetizers
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: antipasto wreath // charcuterie wreath