These cool, creamy, healthy fudgesicles are made using chocolate nice cream so they’re low in calories but high on taste! This chocolate popsicle recipe is also refined sugar free!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk* (400mL)
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup**
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: 2 oz chopped dark chocolate, chopped nuts
- In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut milk, chopped banana, cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Divide the mixture among a popsicle mold, leaving about 1/2″ at the top. Freeze the fudgesicles for about 10 minutes before removing and inserting the popsicle sticks. Freeze for another 5-6 hours until solid.
- To remove the popsicles, run hot water over the outside of the mold for a few seconds. Enjoy immediately, or remove to a resealable plastic bag for later use!
- Optional: For the chocolate drizzle, lay the fudgesicles (after setting 4-5 hours) side by side on a piece of parchment paper. Add the chopped chocolate to a microwaveable bowl, and heat in 30 second increments until smooth. Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the tops of the fudgesicles and sprinkle the chopped nuts on top.
Fudgesicles can be kept in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.
*I HIGHLY recommend full-fat coconut milk vs light, or another dairy-free alternative. The full-fat milk ensures the fudgesicles are thick and creamy!
**You can substitute the maple syrup for honey or agave syrup.
Keywords: chocolate nice cream // healthy fudgesicles // chocolate popsicle recipe