Using healthier date syrup as a sweetener, this homemade eat-more bar recipe is the one you’ve been looking for! It’s sweet, salty and chewy and totally addictive!
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup date syrup*
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a small saucepan, add the chocolate chips, date syrup and peanut butter. Heat the mixture over low-medium heat on the stove, stirring continuously, until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the rolled oats, chopped peanuts and vanilla extract and combine thoroughly. Empty the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth it out the best you can! Place the pan in the fridge for 4-5 hours to chill.
- Remove the bars from the fridge and cut them into 16 squares.
Store the bars in the fridge, in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. If you’re stacking the bars, place parchment paper in between the layers to prevent sticking.
The bars will also last in the freezer, in an airtight container, for up to 2 months. Thaw them overnight in the fridge!
*If you can’t find date syrup you can substitute for corn syrup or honey
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: candy
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: canadian
Keywords: homemade eat-more bar recipe // homemade eat-more bars