Lime zest and juicy blueberries will make you think you’re biting into summer itself with these blueberry lime muffins! Greek yogurt and applesauce make these healthy lime muffins a winner!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt*, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp agave or honey*
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 small lime (zest and juice)
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 12-count muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray, or line with muffin liners. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the coconut palm sugar and yogurt together and stir until smooth. Add and combine the applesauce, agave/honey, and juice from the lime. Add the eggs one at a time, and then stir in the lime zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix! Fold in the blueberries gently.
- Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin pan cavities, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake the muffins for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffins keep on the counter in an airtight container for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to two months.
- I used 2% Greek yogurt, but you could easily substitute non-fat.
- You can use granulated white sugar in place of the coconut palm sugar.
- I use agave in my baking as I have a baby under 1 year of age, but honey or even maple syrup works just as well!
- Category: muffins
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: blueberry lime muffins // healthy lime muffins a winner! // Greek yogurt muffins // blueberry Greek yogurt muffins