You won’t believe how easy it is to make these 5-ingredient grain-free, gluten-free crepes, filled with a heavenly fresh strawberry cream cheese filling!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup tapioca flour/starch
Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature*
- 2 tbsp honey
- Make the crepes. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together for a minute until slightly frothy. Add the milk and extracts, and whisk together until combined. A little at a time, gradually add in the tapioca flour, stirring with a large spoon until combined. Whisk the mixture together until there are no large lumps visible. Refrigerate the batter for around 30 minutes*.
- Heat an 8″- 9″ non-stick skillet over medium heat on the stove. Either spray the skillet with non-stick spray, or add a pat of butter or a teaspoon of oil, coating the entire surface of the skillet. Working quickly, pour about 1/4 cup batter in the center of the skillet, lifting it from the heat source and swirling it with your wrist to coat the entire surface of the skillet with the batter. Place the skillet back on the stove and cook for about 30 seconds to a minute, until the edges start to brown. Grab the edge of the crepe with your fingers and quickly flip it over, cooking on the other side for 20-30 more seconds. Remove the crepe to a plate to cool. Repeat with remaining crepe batter.
- Make the filling. Place the cream cheese in a food processor and pulse a few times to smooth it out. Add the strawberries and honey, and pulse for a minute or so until the mixture is smooth. Taste, and add more honey or strawberries as required.
- Spoon a tablespoon of strawberry cream cheese filling into each crepe, and add fresh berries. Fold, and serve!
Leftover crepes can be wrapped tightly in saran wrap and kept in the fridge for 1-2 days, or in the freezer for 2-3 weeks. Leftover strawberry filling can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Use the brick-style cream cheese, not the little tubs. I used full fat!
- It’s optional to refrigerate the batter – I found I got better results when it had a chance to rest in the fridge. If you’re short on time, you could skip this step!