You’ll never believe how easy it is to make your own creamy, steaming eggnog latte at home! Take advantage of it during this holiday season!
- 2 tsp instant espresso
- 4 oz boiling water
- 2/3 cup eggnog*
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Whipped cream, nutmeg for topping (optional)
- Add the espresso powder into the bottom of your latte glass.
- In a small pot on the stove, heat the eggnog, maple syrup and cinnamon over medium-high heat until steaming hot – but before boiling.
- As you start to see steam coming from the eggnog, turn the kettle on to begin boiling the water.
- Pour the hot eggnog into a Bodum milk frother (if using) or a small glass mason jar. Froth up the eggnog (either by pumping the Bodum or shaking the jar vigorously) until you see a thick layer of foam.*
- Pour 4 oz of boiling water on top of the espresso powder, give it a quick stir, then immediately pour the hot eggnog on top. Finish the latte with whipped cream and more cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired. Enjoy immediately!
- I like to use regular eggnog, but light eggnog will work too!
- If using a mason jar, you’ll want to use an oven mitt and be careful when opening the lid after shaking – steam will be released!!