Peanut butter and chocolate lovers, rejoice! With only 4 ingredients, no added sugar and < 1 net carb per cup, you can have a ton of these mini peanut butter cups without too much guilt!!
- 3oz 90% dark chocolate*, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- Sea-salt flakes, for topping (optional)
- Line a 24-count mini muffin tin with paper liners and set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chopped dark chocolate along with the coconut oil, and heat on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth.
- Pour 1 tsp of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of each paper liner. Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes to harden up. Remove from the freezer, and place 1/2 tsp peanut butter on top of the chocolate bottoms. Smooth it out a bit with the back of a spoon. Divide the remaining melted chocolate mixture among the cups, on top of the peanut butter (about 1/2 tsp each). Freeze until solid again, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle some sea salt on the tops of the peanut butter cups once frozen. Enjoy from frozen!
Peanut butter cups will store best in the freezer, in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. You can also store them in the fridge, but they’ll be much softer and may not hold their shape as well.
- 90% chocolate is fairly low carb; you may substitute the chocolate for a less-dark chocolate but the sugar and carb count will be higher
- Category: desserts
- Method: freeze
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups // healthy peanut butter cups recipe // homemade peanut butter cups recipe