Creamy brie topped with almonds and tart cranberries, all wrapped up in a puff pastry and baked until warm and gooey.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 – 9oz wheel of brie (or camembert)
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water
- crackers, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and place a sheet of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on top of a baking sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the thawed puff pastry into a rough 11-12″ square.
- In a small dish, combine the almonds and cranberries together with the maple syrup. Place the mixture directly in the middle of the thawed puff pastry. Place the wheel of brie on top of the mixture. Grab the edges of the remaining pastry and fold over and on top of the brie, pinching the ends together a bit to keep it sealed. Slide your hands under the bottom of the pastry, and swiftly flip the brie/pastry onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, gently brush the egg yolk and water mixture all over the pastry. Place the brie in the oven and bake for 20-24 minutes, or until the pastry has turned a dark golden shade.
- Allow the baked brie to cool for a few minutes before transferring it to a serving platter. Surround the brie with assorted crackers (or apples)! Create a cut in the pastry just before serving to allow the cheese to ooze out for dipping. Yum!
Any leftovers can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days, and reheated in the oven at 275 until the cheese begins to melt.
- Replace the cranberry/almond mixture with a different combination but keep it to 1/3 cup. I’ve also just used raspberry jam and it was delicious!
- Category: appetizers
- Method: baked
Keywords: brie with cranberries and almonds // baked brie with cranberries puff pastry