Satisfy that craving instantly with this 3 minute chocolate chip banana mug cake! This is definitely the best use for that one ripe banana on the counter.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 mashed banana
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- optional: whipped cream, additional chocolate for topping
- In a microwave-safe (large) coffee mug or medium-sized mason jar, melt the butter in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- To the mug, add the maple syrup and egg and whisk thoroughly. Add the mashed banana and whisk again until there are no large banana lumps.
- Add in the flour and baking soda and whisk again until there are no dry flour streaks. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the mug in the microwave and heat it up for 2 minutes on high. Check it after 2 minutes and and if it still looks wet and not caked enough, microwave it for another 30 seconds on high.
- Add whipped cream and additional chocolate chips to the top and dig in! Just be careful not to burn your mouth!!
Mug cake is best enjoyed immediately. It will keep for a few hours but the texture will not be nearly as good!
- Substitute honey for the maple syrup if desired or oil for the butter.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: cake
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: mug cake // chocolate chip banana mug cake // banana mug cake