The softest, chewiest, cookies you’ll ever make. Chocolate and peanut butter pairs perfectly in your new favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp whole milk*
- 3/4 cup Reese’s Pieces
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt flakes for topping
- Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often until it starts to become foamy, then browns, around 5-6 minutes and begins giving off a nutty scent. Remove the pan from heat and allow the butter to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with an electric mixer, add the browned butter with both sugars and mix until combined. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and milk, and mix together.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Stir in the Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips by hand. Put the cookie dough in the fridge for 3-4 hours to chill.
- Once ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet, using a medium cookie scoop (about 1.5 tbsp) and spaced about 2″ apart. Bake the cookies for about 8-9 minutes, until the edges are slightly browned and the middle is still soft.. The cookies will look slightly underbaked. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle the sea salt flakes on top once completely cooled.
- Whole milk will add the most flavour but any milk will work
- Be sure to chill for at least 3 hours! The cookies will not turn out if you do not chill the dough
- Category: cookies
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: browned butter cookies // Reese's pieces cookies