Mix it up this winter with this easy, fruity vodka slush mixed with bubbles of your choice! Top it off with a cherry and you’ve got yourself a fantastic holiday cocktail!
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 can frozen orange juice, slightly thawed
- 3 cups pineapple juice*
- 1 mickey of vodka (13oz)*
- 7-up, club soda, or gingerale (for serving)
- maraschino cherries, for serving (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the water and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, and allow it to cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Blend the banana in a blender until liquified. In a 4 litre sized freezer-safe container, mix together the water/sugar, banana, juice of both lemons, frozen orange juice, pineapple juice and the vodka. Use a large wooden spoon and stir until the frozen orange juice is fully incorporated. Place the lid on the container and put the slush in the freezer. Freeze the slush for at least 8 hours, or overnight. I like to give the slush a bit of a stir every few hours.
- To serve: Use an ice cream scoop to fill a tall glass 3/4 full of frozen slush. Top off the glass with club soda, 7-up or gingerale. Add a maraschino cherry, and a little splash of the juice. Serve immediately!
Slush will keep well in the freezer for up to 2 months! Note, it will get more frozen over time.
- Pineapple juice can be substituted with another juice of choice
- If you’re not a fan of vodka, try white rum. Flavoured vodka is also REALLY good in this recipe. We like it with grapefruit flavoured vodka! Do not omit the alcohol, or the consistency of the slush will not be right.