Sandwiches got a whole lot more exciting with this super tasty cheddar, apple turkey sandwich! It’s a perfect lunch or dinner, and a great use of leftover turkey!
- 2 large slices sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese
- ½ Gala apple, thinly sliced
- 4 slices deli turkey meat*
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- On a large cutting board, place both slices of bread down and spread first the mayonnaise across the bread, followed by the Dijon mustard on top.
- Place the white cheddar cheese in a single layer on one slice of bread, followed by a single layer of sliced apple. Top the apple with the deli meat, then drizzle the honey on top.
- Place the second piece of bread on top of the fillings, then spread the top of the bread with 1 tbsp of softened butter.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove over medium heat and place the sandwich, buttered side down, into the pan. Butter the top of the bread with the remaining butter.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted on the bottom. Flip the sandwich carefully and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is softened and gooey.
- Remove the sandwich to a cutting board, cut it in half and serve immediately.
Any leftover sandwich can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 1-2 days.
*Leftover roast turkey meat may also be used in place of deli meat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: sandwiches
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: apple turkey sandwich // apple sandwich // leftover turkey sandwich