This apple cinnamon gin fizz is the perfect gin drink for fall. These autumn cocktails are made with homemade apple cinnamon syrup, mixed with a splash up of gin and topped off with some bubbly soda. Cheers!
Apple Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 apple (any kind), sliced
- 2 oz apple cinnamon simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 3 oz soda water
- ice, to fill
- For the syrup: Stir the water, sugar and cinnamon together in a medium saucepan. Add the apple slices and place the saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat. Once the mixture starts bubbling, turn the stove to low and simmer with the lid on for 5-10 minutes. Remove the apple slices and pour the syrup into a jar to cool before using in your cocktails.
- In a cocktail glass, add the syrup and gin. Fill the glass 3/4 of the way full with ice, then top with soda water. Use a spoon to swirl everything together. Serve immediately.
- I like to rim my cocktail glasses with a cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- The syrup makes enough for 4-6 drinks; it will store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: autumn cocktails // apple gin cocktails // gin drinks for fall