Save time and whip up these turkey and cheese quesadillas in your air fryer! Flavorful taco turkey meat and cheesy goodness makes the best air fryer turkey quesadillas!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast (1lb)
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (homemade or store-bought)*
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- optional: sour cream, salsa, guacamole, for dipping
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized frying pan for a couple of minutes. Add the turkey breast and place the lid on the pan, cooking for 10 minutes, before flipping to the other side and cooking for another 10 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of the breast registers 165 F.
- Remove the cooked breast to a cutting board, and using 2 forks, shred the meat into pieces. Return the meat to the frying pan and stir in the taco seasoning, cooking over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Turn the air fryer to 325 F. On one half of a tortilla, sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheddar cheese and 1 tbsp of mozzarella. Add ¼ cup of the cooked turkey meat, followed by 1 tbsp of diced red pepper, then another 2 tbsp of cheddar and 1 tbsp of mozzarella cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and secure it with a toothpick through both sides. Lightly spray the tortilla with non-stick cooking spray then place into the preheated air fryer.
- Cook the quesadilla for 3 minutes on one side, before flipping it to the other side and cooking for another 1-2 minutes. Remove to a plate and repeat steps 3-4 with the remaining tortillas. Slice the cooked quesadillas in half, then serve. Optional: Dip the quesadillas in sour cream, salsa or guacamole, as desired.
Quesadillas will keep in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. They can be reheated in a microwave or eaten cold!
*Homemade Taco Seasoning
Mix together the following, then use in the recipe as directed:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
**You can also use leftover turkey meat in this recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minuts
- Category: sandwiches
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: air fryer quesadillas // turkey and cheese quesadillas // turkey quesadillas