Fudgy, gluten-free dark chocolate almond butter cookies that taste as good as a brownie without all of the guilt! These almond butter chocolate cookies will be your new favorite healthier treat!
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Add all of the ingredients, except the white chocolate, together in one large bowl, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Using about 1.5 tablespoons each, roll the dough into balls and place 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Slightly flatten the balls with the back of a spoon.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven for 8-9 minutes. The cookies will look under-baked, but they will firm up on the cookie sheet.
- Allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh in an airtight container on the counter for about 1-2 weeks. They also freeze nicely, up to 2 months.
- You can easily substitute the coconut palm sugar for lightly packed brown sugar
- Category: cookies
- Method: oven bake
Keywords: dark chocolate almond butter cookies // cookies using white chocolate chips // flourless dark chocolate cookies // almond butter chocolate cookies