My favourite homemade pesto recipe! This pesto is made with walnuts instead of pine nuts, which makes it a little easier on your wallet too. This walnut basil pesto is easy AND delicious!
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup walnuts (whole or pieces)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cloves garlic (try roasted garlic)
- 1/2 cup oil (avocado, olive, or vegetable)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- In the bowl of a food processor or powerful blender, add the basil, walnuts, parmesan, and garlic. Pulse for about a minute to combine the ingredients, then slowly add the oil (using the pour attachment of the processor) or by adding the oil in stages to the blender, pulsing the entire time.
- Scrape down the sides of the processor/blender and add the lemon juice. Pulse/blend until the pesto is smooth. Use immediately.
Pesto will keep in the fridge, in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or up to 2 months in the freezer. Try freezing the pesto in an ice cube tray for single-serve use.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: pesto with walnuts instead of pine nuts // walnut pesto recipe // walnut pesto recipe