You will love this easy vegan lemon curd tart! It’s a dairy free lemon tart made with a few simple ingredients and a delicious Biscoff cookie crust!
- 1 package (8.8oz) Biscoff cookies, crushed
- 6 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- pinch salt
Vegan Lemon Curd Filling
- 1 can (400mL) coconut cream, chilled
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly spray a 9″ tart pan with a removeable bottom with nonstick spray. In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the crushed cookie crumbs with melted butter and the pinch of salt. Press the buttery crumbs into the tart pan in an even layer, pushing the crust up the sides about an inch. Bake the crust for 15 minutes, until fragrant. Set aside to cool while you prepare the vegan curd.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the coconut cream and lemon zest. In a separate bowl, whisk the lemon juice and arrowroot starch together and then add it to the coconut cream mixture. Add the maple syrup and whisk to combine. Heat the mixture on the stove at medium-high until it begins to bubble, whisking often. If you’d like the curd to be a brighter yellow, you could add 1-2 drops of artificial yellow color at this point.
- Continue cooking on medium-low for about 10 minutes, using a wooden spoon to stir until it becomes very thick and jiggly. Remove the curd from heat, then allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Pour or spoon the curd into the prepared Biscoff crust, smoothing out the top with the back of a spoon. Place the tart in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before serving.
- Slice the tart and serve, topping with coconut whipped cream if desired!
Leftover tart can be stored in the fridge, for 3-4 days, in an airtight container. The crust will start to soften after the first day but it’ll still taste great.
Vegan lemon curd adapted from Minimalist Baker.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan lemon curd // lemon curd // dairy free lemon curd