Smooth, creamy and made in only 5 minutes time! You will love this easy vegan chocolate peanut butter pudding. Made with no refined sugars and only a few ingredients, this dessert doesn’t get any simpler.
- 1 can (400 mL) coconut cream, chilled*
- 1/2 cup smooth, natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: coconut whipped cream, chocolate shavings, PB cups for serving
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the coconut cream, peanut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. If you’re adding extra sugar (see notes) add that in now too.** Place the pan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for a few minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove the pudding from heat, whisk in the vanilla extract, and set aside to cool for a couple of minutes. (See notes about creating a very smooth pudding).*** Pour the pudding into 3-4 heat-proof dessert dishes, glasses or mason jars. Place the dishes in the fridge for at least 4 hours to completely set. Serve the pudding with coconut whipped cream, chocolate shavings or chopped peanut butter cups (if desired).
Pudding will keep in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 4-5 days.
*If you can’t find coconut cream, use two cans of full-fat coconut milk instead, scraping the thick part of the cream and reserving the liquid milk to add as needed to the mixture.
**For a sweeter pudding, add 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar or coconut sugar and whisk to combine.
***For a super smooth pudding, pour the pudding mixture into a high powered blender for 1 minute before pouring into serving dishes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan chocolate peanut butter pudding // vegan chocolate pudding