A no-churn vegan ice cream? It sounds almost too good to be true, but this easy vegan chocolate ice cream is the REAL DEAL! This is a silky smooth chocolate ice cream made with coconut milk, and cocoa.
- 1 can (400mL) full-fat coconut cream, refrigerated*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 can (250mL) sweetened condensed coconut milk
- optional: 2 tablespoons vodka**
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or using a handheld electric mixer, scoop out the coconut cream and whip it on high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the cocoa powder and whip again on high until incorporated (start out slow initially to avoid a cocoa powder dust cloud). Scrape out the entire can of sweetened condensed milk (and vodka, if using) into the mixture, and use a spatula to fold it in. Once everything is incorporated, empty the mixture into a freezer-safe container. I usually use a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth out the top of the ice cream and place it in the freezer for 5-6 hours.
- To serve, allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before scooping. If you had added vodka, you should be able to scoop it out immediately. Place the un-used ice cream back in the freezer.
Ice cream keeps for about 2 weeks in the same freezer-safe container. The longer you have it in the freezer, the harder it will become and the longer you might have to leave it at room temperature before scooping!
*Be sure to refrigerate the can of coconut cream at least 24 hours prior to making the ice cream
**Adding vodka to the recipe will ensure that the ice cream is easier to scoop straight from the freezer; otherwise, you will have to wait about 20 minutes before scooping. You can’t taste the vodka!
- Category: ice cream
- Method: no-churn
- Cuisine: vegan
Keywords: easy vegan chocolate ice cream // chocolate ice cream made with coconut milk // no churn chocolate ice cream // no churn dairy-free ice cream