Make life delicious with this turkey pesto sandwich! It’s a simple carved turkey sandwich with provolone, pesto and sundried tomatoes. Lunch just got a whole lot better.
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) pesto sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 package (300 g) Lilydale® Oven Roasted Carved Turkey Breast
- 4 slices Lilydale® Turkey Bacon, cooked according to package directions
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 4–6 large sundried tomatoes, diced
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) unsalted butter, divided
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Place two slices of sourdough, side by side on a cutting board. On both slices of sourdough, spread 2 tbsp of pesto evenly.
- On one slice, top with 2 slices of Lilydale® Oven Roasted Carved Turkey Breast, followed by 2 slices of Lilydale® Turkey Bacon, 3 slices of provolone cheese, and 3 sundried tomatoes. Place the second slice of sourdough on top.
- Smear the top of the sandwich with 1 tablespoon of butter, and then place that side of the sandwich down on the large griddle or skillet. Smear the remaining tablespoon of butter over the top. Toast the sandwich in the pan until golden brown and the cheese begins to melt, about 4-5 minutes per side. Place a lid on top of the pan while cooking to speed up the cheese melting. Enjoy immediately!
Leftover sandwiches can be kept for 1-2 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
- Category: sandwiches
- Method: pan fried
Keywords: turkey pesto sandwich // turkey provolone panini // turkey provolone sandwich // carved turkey sandwich